Saturday, April 10, 2010

Better luck next week


So even with a diet pill you have ups and downs! Dan has been traveling a LOT with work the last 2 weeks. He was home 3 days in the last 14. we both knew this was how it would be this month but even knowing and expecting it doesn't make it any easier! SO couple that with construction work on the basement, that time of the month, spring break for the kids, 4 inchs of snow and a husband being gone. lets just say weight loss, dieting and working out weren't high on my list. so imagine my shock this week when I gained 2 lbs back!! Ok really there wasn't any shock, just more frustration from a long week.
The thing to remember in momnents like this, because we know they happen and sometimes more than we like, is to regroup and get back on track! I have a weightloss one day that is great and the next none. I know people say don't weigh everyday but for me it isn't frustrating it is a get motivator!
I think about what I ate or didn't and refocus my attetntion on the things I can do better the next day. I try and not give up and go for the big bowl of ice cream even though I have done that in the past and will admit one day in the last 14. But I will when I "need" that little treat try to still think "healthy" or in some cases "healthier". One secret is buying the 1/2 the fat ice cream and then really only puting 1/2 a cup in the bowl but also adding a fresh banana! It makes it feel like a huge bowl and a lot more filling!
another thing that mkaes me feel better is watching a guilty pleasure show and get on the eliptical while it's on! I have a lot that I watch but My favorite actually is a great show which is biggest loser!! It really is our family favorite!!!!!! MY kids watch it and have people they cheer for! Emma tells kids in her k class at school to watch it, when it comes on, and who to vote for. even though there isn't voting from home ( hmmmmm?)! Anyway, Sam from the show is my HOT, married, chubby buddy ( kirsty ally's big life "term")!! he is YUM and a great person!

SO this next week is my get back on track week! Dan gets home tomorrow night and monday morning I am back on track, with My pills that are in his truck at the airport!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good luck this week! I hope things calm down a tad :) xo