Monday, March 22, 2010

sorry I haven't been posting!


So Dan said I should have been writing all of my crazy new weight loss down but I haven't been so I am sorry! I had started out the new year determined to loose weight this year. But after a lot of work and dieting and no results I was VERY frustrated! Some people had said I should check my thyroid or see what else could be wrong. SO Dan and I went to the Dr. to ask some questions and do an exam. Dan went first and asked a bunch of questions and the Dr. said loose weight ( actually talked for a while bu that was the sum it up version!). Then it was my turn. I asked about a bunch of things and in the end it was the same answer, weight loss! I said I had been trying with no success and Dan vouched for me. He said something about checking my thyroid and if I was interested he could prescribe me a pill. Now I know some of you are probably anti pills, but I was desperate and needed something drastic! SO I had already been thinking about trying a pill and so I said, "Sweet!!!". Dan and I talked about it when we came home and weighed the costs of taking a pill and what the side affects could or would be. I promised myself and him if I noticed anything strange or worry some in the first few days I would stop!
a week later I took the first pill. It had been a bad sleepless night so I didn't feel very good and was unsure if it was the pill or being a mom. SO I took it the next day and felt great. I noticed a MAJOR change in appetite after taking it which was what I was wanting!
Anyway to fast forward almost a month I have lost 13lbs. I have been working hard with taking the pill. I work out everyday and overall have given up sugar and eat very healthy now. The Dr. did talk about how sometimes it has just a placebo affect with people. I would say that I new if I was serious enough to take a pill I needed to do as much as I could to make it work! So I try really hard everyday to make a difference. I have stopped taking the pills for a couple of days with no side effects. I also have the same appetite on and off the pill. So maybe the pill is just a boost for me in my journey!
Anyway We have a major trip planned to California in April and I am hoping to surpass my goal by then. I started again in jan at 211lbs, and this morning I was 198!! It is great to be out of the 200's! I also watch EVERY weight loss show on TV to stay motivated! Biggest loser is the best ( SAM is HOT!), but celebrity fit club and kirsty Ally's big life are some of the other fun ones for me!
SO I am not endorsing pills or saying they solve it all but it was what I needed in MY journey to a better and healthier weight! Oh by the way my thyroid is perfect!

2 comments:

Parkes Family said...

If you don't mind sharing, what pill was it? I feel like I'm stuck at my current weight and I'm getting so frustrated! Congrats on the weight loss, I'm so happy for you! Way to go!!!!!

Unknown said...

uh, yeah. What's the pill? please share. I am in THE SAME BOAT.